Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bikini ready: Coleen Rooney looked toned in Barbados last month

On holiday in Barbados last month, Coleen Rooney showed off her enviable curves in a series of bikinis.

But the 22-year-old has revealed that married life hasn't always been so kind to her figure, admitting she put on half a stone after her wedding to Wayne last summer.

The WAG told the Sun: 'When you're travelling and working you grab things on the go and you don't have time to go to the gym. So I put on some weight.
Coleen Rooney
Bikini ready: Coleen Rooney looked toned in Barbados last month. She has revealed that she put on weight after her wedding but is now working out again

'But things have slowed down now and I've been back at the gym.'

She went on: 'It's so hard in the winter because you just want to eat nice comfort food. I hated the first few sessions but once I get going I'm all right.'

Coleen, who has won the hearts of British women with her down-to-earth attitude and realistic figure, said she prefers Pilates and free weights to cardio exercise.

'I'm being good though, I haven't had a takeaway for a while!' she added.

Coleen, who lives in Cheshire with Wayne, said she is enjoying a more domesticated stage of her life after work commitments meant the couple were often apart after their wedding in June.

Coleen Rooney
Beach parade: The WAG showed off a succession of bikinis on her luxury holiday

'Our favourite thing is still just to spend time at home together watching TV. I love the word "wife"'.

In an interview with the Mirror, home-loving Coleen also admitted to wanting a family with her husband.

'I would love to have a family - maybe three or four children. And I would be happy to be a full-time mum.

'Working mums do a great job, but my mum was a full-time mum and she loved it. It was nice because she took us to school and picked us up from school - she was always there for us.'
Coleen Rooney
Family girl: Coleen said she wants to have three or four children with husband Wayne

Despite carving out a highly lucrative career for herself which includes modelling, a magazine column, a perfume and television presenting, she said she is not hugely ambitious.

'I'm proud of what I've achieved, although I never set out to do any of it - I'm not somebody who is always searching for the next thing.

'It's literally a case of people coming up to me with ideas and I've either accepted them or refused them.'

In the first series of Coleen's Real Women, she tried to get ordinary women into advertising campaigns.

The new series starts on ITV2 on February 10 at 9pm.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Bikini ready: Coleen Rooney looked toned in Barbados last month"