Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bosom buddies Nicola and David 'play nice' on I'm A Celebrity

After two weeks of rowing, Nicola McLean and David Van Day have finally called a truce on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!, but it's already showing signs of cracking.

The WAG and the Eighties pop star have failed to agree on anything since the Dollar frontman arrived in the Australian jungle a week after the first celebs.

But after calling a truce, the pair were chosen to join forces for the Celebrity Chest Challenge, which gave them plenty of time to bond.
Nicola McLean

Firm friends: David Van Day helps Nicola McLean get clean after the mucky Celebrity Chest challenge

The task also gave self-confessed 'red hot blooded male' David plenty of chances to ogle his busty new pal.

Despite playing nice in the jungle, it wasn't long before David revealed his game plan to stay on the show to a horrified Nicola.

After making friends with David, the 25-year-old WAG then appeared to do a U-turn by telling all her campmates about his plan.

Earlier in the day, Nicola told the Bush Telegraph said she was trying to get on with David for the sake of an easy life.

Nicola McLean

Strip off: Nicola removes her clothes in preparation for the soggy car wash celebrity chest challenge

Nicola McLean

Getting dirty: Nicola scrubs down the filthy car, getting mucky in the process

Nicola McLean

Enjoying the view? David enjoys a look at a bikini-clad Nicola washing the jeep

She said: 'David offered me an olive branch and I took it. If he's willing to make an effort for me, then I'll make an effort for him.'

David was equally enthused: 'I've had the hand of friendship given to me and I've grabbed it with both hands.'

Arriving in a jungle clearing for Celebrity Chest Challenge, Nicola and David were told they would have to clean a muddy Jeep to try to find the combinations of five padlocks on the chest.

Clearly realising how dirty and wet the task would be, Nicola stripped off to her polka-dot bikini, leaving David bemused.

David asked: 'What are you doing?'

As Nicola explained the obvious 'stripping', she explained: 'We’re cleaning a car, we’re not going you know...'

After seeing Nicola de-robe to her swimwear, the 51-year-old excitedly stripped down to his underpants before grabbing his sponge in preparation for a soaking.

Speaking to camera after the task, David explained his enthusiasm for being half-naked alongside Nicola: 'I'm a red hot blooded male. I can notice things... or two.'
Nicola McLean

Cheeky: David spanks Nicola as she unlocks one of the padlocks

Nicola McLean

Kiss off: David gives Nicola a celebratory kiss after they open one of the locks

As the pair encouraged each other to scrub down the car, they finally managed to find all five combinations under the mud, meaning they could unlock all five padlocks.

After finding the final combination on the jeep, a thrilled David hugged and kissed Nicola, saying: I love you... No, I don't, what am I doing, I hate you.'

David showed his new-found affection for Nicola when she unlocked the final padlock by spanking her on the bottom.

Speaking to camera, she said: 'I find him the most peculiar man but I'm trying to get on with him and not argue.
Nicola McLean

It's cold in here: David pulls a face as he splashes himself with cold water, to the annoyance of Nicola

Nicola McLean

'You're scaring me': Nicola hops out of the river after complaining David is making her uncomfortable

'When he smacked my bum I couldn't believe it.'

As she looked down at her now orange two-piece, Nicola complained: 'My bikini is ruined.'

The pair quickly jumped in the nearby river to wash off the orange dirt, with David utilising yet another opportunity to touch Nicola by helping her get the dirt off.

As he splashed the freezing water all over himself and shouted in a high pitched voice, a disturbed Nicola told him: 'I'm scared of you. You're a lunatic.'

Clean and carrying the chest, the triumphant pair returned to camp and the chest was soon opened after the contestant guessed the correct chest and won a candy bra.

It wasn't long before Nicola started sharing gossip from her tĂȘte-a-tĂȘte with David with the camp.
Nicola McLean

Open Sesame: The campmates gather round the celebrity chest

Speaking to Joe Swash as they washed by the river, she told the former EastEnders he was being 'played' by the former Dollar frontman.

Calling David 'a psycho', she explained: 'He’s planned to argue, he’s done it all as a plan.

'David’s an absolute lunatic. He said to me: “We have to change it all now, why don't we do a bit of flirting, we’re here for the same purpose, the arguments have been good.”

‘He’s been doing it all along for the cameras, he said it will get on Joe’s nerves if you sit next to me and do bit of flirting.

'On my life Joe it has all been his plan. He went to me: “Let’s do some flirting, the arguments have gone brilliantly.” I was gob smacked, I was scared.
Nicola McLean

The plan is revealed: Joe Swash laughs in disbelief as Nicola reveals David's game plan

'He was slapping my a**e, not just a little slap, a proper bang, he was kissing me and grabbing me.

‘He said to me that Joe was favourite to win and probably still is favourite now so let’s get on his nerves and gang up on him. So, I’m sorry but he is a f***ing nutter. I don’t like him, you can have him. He is yours.'

After originally laughing as Nicola recounted her tale, Joe then changed to anger and felt like he had been manipulated by David.

He said: 'What a w***er, what a t**ser.'

After returning to camp, it wasn't long before Nicola had told everyone else.

A smug Simon Webbe declared he knew all along that David wasn't being himself.

In the Bush Telegraph, he said: 'Someone's playing a game and its a v dangerous game. They're playing with someone's emotions.'

Speaking after him, a clearly distressed Joe said: 'Someone's making a fool out of me and manipulated me. Or Nicola has been untruthful. I'm gonna bite me tongue. I'd rather have not known.

Talking to Simon before bed, Nicola said: 'David's all flirting and slapping my bum. I'm like, "You're 51, you're old enough to be my dad. I'm getting married." '

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Bosom buddies Nicola and David 'play nice' on I'm A Celebrity"